Monday, February 28, 2005

Blogging Issues

I changed the template and lost not only my precious few comments but the comment box utility itself. So currently got to sort out what, if anything, I'm going to do about it. What happened was my old template didn't have the comment feature so I had to use Haloscan's. But when I changed templates (to a template that has a built-in comment feature), in a fit of contrariness, it wiped out my comments and refused to deliver on the promised feature. If you know anything about how I can fix it without having to get a completely brand-new blog, please drop me a line. Thanks much.

Also, curently trying to figure out what I'm going to do with this site in general. The painful truth is that, once I opened this site up to my family and friends, the very possibility of them reading many of my thoughts dried up the well inside. I like some of what I've done here, and I'm not giving up on the idea of having stuff online I can actually share with them (!), but a regular, genuine online journal does not seem to be one of those things right now. Perhaps in future I will mature past this obstacle or see things differently but right now I don't believe everybody needs to know everything I'm thinking. Unless they're perfect strangers.

...

No comments: