Wednesday, April 11, 2007

New Entities and Corn

I originally started blogging as a sort of anonymous experiment, some place I could vent where my name and face weren't known. Since then, though, my ideas have changed--and lately, I keep running into the blogs of old friends and it's just weird for them to all use their real names and me to use an alias. So, to make this as cornily dramatic as possible, the mask is off! No, this blog has not been taken over by some new entity. I just put my own name on here. Ta-da!

Speaking of corn, the other day in painting class a girl and I were trying to decide on new objects for our still life. There's a fake cob of corn in the still life closet made of green cloth, with yellow string and such for the corn inside trailing out. So here is my (according to her) joke: Hold out the fake corn cob to a friend and with a serious expression ask, "You don't think this is too corny, do you?"

I am just hilarious, what can I say? Now that I think about it, the title of this reminds me of crop circles and extraterrestriel activity. Couldn't be not-silly if I tried, could I? This stuff is just too deep in me.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Congrats on the unmasking! I think that's a funny corn joke myself...

Kar said...

I find it entertaining.

Su said...

I have a couple such play-on-words (or objects, in this case) jokes that kind of happened this weekend, which I will share with you at a later date.

You had me all wondering if I was using my real name or an alias, then I realised that you and I have now done the same thing with our names. Except you have more letters.